Friday, October 31, 2014

Piles, stacks and overflowing bins

I really need to pull myself together. After a recent assessment of my sewing room I realized that I have piles of projects I'm working on, stacks of things I haven't started on, and overflowing bins of scraps. I haven't had that much sewing time lately, so when I go into my sewing room I tend to do 15 minutes or so on one project.
I've been working on these blocks using scraps from a couple of baseball quilts I've previously made and that terrific red corduroy. I've used the pattern Corduroy Cobwebs from Stephanie's http://stephaniedunphy.blogspot.com/ book Uncommonly Corduroy. I love this book, I want to make every quilt in it. 


In the midst of all of my chaos I naturally decided to do a quilt along. These little letter blocks from Temecula Quilts are quick and easy. I'm proud to say I'm staying caught up on them and I'm using up some of my very old 30's fabrics here

I have a huge stack of things I want to make for the little guy. So again I saw this darling fabric and decided to start another new project. I want to do something interactive with it and I have a few ideas. I hope they work out. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

KaHolly said...

Busy, busy, busy!! Aren't we all? Good luck finishing these precious projects up!

Houseelf said...

Lots of lovely projects. I hope you manage to finish some of those lingering UFOs and feel lighter.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lol Lynn no need to pull yourself together...I think we all might have a story like that!

Judy S. said...

I'm with you and your UFOs! My stack is huge also. Love that baseball block! The letters are fun, too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

It's so easy to get afflicted with ADD (another darn distraction)with so many projects and fun fabrics. I love the mini ABCs and that piece of fabric is too cute for your project to be. I'm so happy you like not only my book but corduroy as well!

Carrie P. said...

can't wait to see what you do with the animal fabric.
I have seen others working on the little alphabet. Very sweet.

Kay said...

I can just imagine the wonderful pieces of art you'll be creating with your sewing machine.