Saturday, August 30, 2014


Help!
We have a very busy garden!

Friday, August 29, 2014



Using the pedal on my sewing machine hasn't been a piece of cake since my knee surgery. I wish I could be more comfortable using my left leg. But I can't seem to get it to work out. So my finish this week consisted of sewing on binding.


A scrappy peanuts quilt I started pre broken leg. 

I need to figure out why my pictures look blurry when I post them. They look fine when I take them. Hmmm. 

Linking up to Finish it Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts

Friday, August 22, 2014


This summer I had all sorts of plans. Among those plans was sewing. My knee injury and subsequent surgery curtailed all that.  Yesterday I finally felt like I could comfortably sew for a bit and I finished up this top. It was so close to being done, 20 minutes was all I needed
It was a start a long time ago as a leader/ender project. From scraps too!

The other plan I had was to finish the little guy's room. On this front I had lots of help. I wish I had of taken a before picture

We channeled our inner pintrest fanatic and repainted this previously white furniture. It was discolored and ugly. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. 


I also managed to do a fun banner thing on the windows and a pillow too. 


Poor Molly is very confused, between everyone returning to school and missing her long morning walk she's particularly needy


 It's rare that she sits still.

I'm crossing my fingers that I can have a productive weekend. 
Wishing everyone a happy weekend!

I'm linking up to CrazyMom's finish it up friday  http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 15, 2014


We've had some changes around here and spent the past couple of weeks redoing a bedroom for the little guy. I haven't been able to take too many pictures. Hopefully next week I can share more. But for right now I can share this quilt which is finally hanging up 


I also have these guys back out. Hopefully I'll be up and around soon. 

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

You know you have a fabric problem when even the scrappiest scraps seem pretty

Friday, July 25, 2014



A few weeks ago I came across this fabric 
 
It's the Italian alphabet. I wanted to make an Italian quilt for my daughter who traveled to Italy for a study abroad semester last year. Did you know there are lots of Paris themed fabrics but after much looking this is the only Italy fabric I could find. It's a Michael Miller print. I also found this

I spent way too much time looking for a go with fabric , but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm happy with the way it turned out. (It's a rotten picture though)

Friday, July 18, 2014


I spent my sewing time this past
week playing with laminated cotton fabric. I made the little guy a new bag for daycare. 


Since bags and totes are always a challenge for me I was pleased with this one. 
I also finished up some bibs. Now that he's feeding himself,  meals are a pretty messy event. I got the patterns from a blog I found via pintrest (see I actually do make things I find on there), JRoxDesigns http://jroxdesigns.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/easy-reversible-bib-pattern-featured-on-craftaholics-anonymous-today/      
When I contacted Amber to ask her if I could link to her blog, I found out that she lives about 10 minutes away from me!  Small world.    
.

Oh, and one little girl bib. 

I love this pattern. Thank you Amber for sharing the tutorial.   It's a perfect size for a toddler or a just turned one year old who's toddler sized. 

I'm linking up with Crazy Mom's http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/Finish it up Friday